Chicken Teriyaki Meatball Wraps
¾ pound ground chicken
1 large egg
3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ cup soy sauce (low-sodium if desired)
3 tablespoons honey
2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
1” piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced or grated
2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon cold water
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
4 Tumaro's® 8” Multi-Grain Low-In-Carb Wraps
8 butter lettuce leaves
2 cups finely shredded red cabbage
2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 450℉. Lightly oil a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, egg, crumbs, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to mix together until homogenous. Do not overmix. Measure out meat in level tablespoonfuls. Roll into balls and place on baking sheet. You should have about 16 meatballs. Bake until meatballs are lightly browned and internal temperature reaches 165℉, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine soy sauce, honey, garlic, and ginger. Bring to a simmer, then whisk in cornstarch slurry and cook briefly until thickened. Take off heat and whisk in sesame oil.
- When meatballs are done, transfer to a bowl and gently toss with teriyaki sauce.
- Lay out wraps on a countertop and top each with 2 lettuce leaves. Divide cabbage and carrots between wraps, top each wrap with 4 meatballs, and sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds.
- If desired, fold sides of wrap in, then fold bottom of wrap over filling and roll up tightly. Cut in half.