Falafel Wrap with Yogurt and Cucumber Yogurt
1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight and drained
¼ cup chopped cilantro or parsley
¼ cup lemon juice, divided
2 tablespoons curry powder
1 ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
3 tablespoons chickpea flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cucumber, shredded on a box grater
½ cup fat-free Greek yogurt
6 butter lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- In a food processor, combine soaked chickpeas, cilantro, 3 tablespoons lemon juice, curry powder, and 1 teaspoon salt. Pulse until well combined and chickpeas are very finely chopped, but not pureed.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in flour.
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray. Roll 2 tablespoons mixture in hands and place on baking sheet flattening slightly. Repeat with remaining mixture. Drizzle olive oil over top. Bake 20-25 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- In a small bowl, stir together cucumber, yogurt, remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Lay wraps on a countertop. Line with lettuce leaves. Place 3 falafel on top and drizzle with yogurt sauce. Roll up and serve.