Griddled Breakfast Wraps
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
½ red onion, sliced
1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup prepared salsa
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and 1 tablespoon water.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute until softened, 6-8 minutes. Add jalapeño and cook 2 minutes more. Transfer to a bowl. Reduce heat to low.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add eggs and stir with a spatula until scrambled and cooked through. Add salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium high heat.
- Lay wraps on work surface. Divide eggs between them. Top with onion mixture, beans, and cheese. Roll up tightly.
- Place in hot pan and press down with spatula. Cook, turning once, until crisp on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve hot with salsa.