Steak Salad Wraps with Blue Cheese and Avocado
½ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon or stone-ground mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
1¼ teaspoons fine sea salt, divided
¾ teaspoon black pepper, divided
1 pound skirt steak
2 teaspoons preferred vegetable oil
4 cups spring mix
⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
1 medium avocado, pitted and diced
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Secure lid on jar and shake vigorously to combine.
- Sprinkle steak with remaining ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high until very hot. Add vegetable oil and tilt skillet to coat with oil. Add steak and sear, turning once, until browned and cooked to desired degree of doneness, about 1½ minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes, then thinly slice across the grain.
- In a large bowl toss spring mix with dressing to taste. Reserve remaining dressing for another use.
- Lay out wraps and divide spring mix between them. Top with steak, blue cheese, and avocado.