Sausage Egg and Cheese Breakfast Cups
½ lb. pork breakfast sausage
8 large eggs
1 red bell pepper, finely diced
½ cup finely chopped green onion
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Lightly grease muffin tins and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the sausage until browned and fully cooked. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut a 4 ½” diameter circle out of the center of each tortilla. Repeat with remaining tortillas. (Use leftover tortillas to make homemade tortilla chips!)
- Place each tortilla in a muffin tin, slightly crimping the edges so it forms a cup.
- Add eggs to a large mixing bowl and whisk well. Stir in bell pepper, scallions, cheese, salt, pepper and sausage until well mixed.
- Divide the mixture evenly between tortilla cups, filling almost to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the eggs are set. Remove from the oven and enjoy hot, or let cool. You can also freeze for up to 6 months!