Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup prepared enchilada sauce
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (2oz)
1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- To a medium saucepan, add chicken and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15-20 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165℉. Transfer chicken to a cutting board to cool.
- When cool enough to handle, shred chicken with 2 forks, transfer to a large bowl, and toss with chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Lay wraps on a countertop. Divide chicken between wraps and top with corn and black beans. Roll up and place in baking dish seam side down.
- Pour enchilada sauce over wraps and top with cheese. Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes, then remove foil and bake until browned, about 15 minutes more.
- Top with jalapeño, if using, and green onion right before serving.